- Decide on the negative “triggered” state to be replaced.
- Anchor several positive states with the same unique stimulus.
- Anchor the negative state once with a second unique stimulus.
- Fire both anchors at the same time until integration is complete.
- Stop firing the negative anchor.
- Continue to fire the positive anchor for five seconds and then release.
- Test how you feel about the old state.
- Imagine a future time when you might be in a similar situation and check in with your feelings and see what happens.
I wrote this article for a continuing education class at www.modernjedi.com