- Identify the negative state (Eg. Procrastination)
- Decide on the desired state (Eg. Motivation)
- Design the chain: Decide on what intermediate states are needed to bridge the gap between the negative and desired state. Present stateàIntermediate State #1àIntermediate State #2àDesired State
- Anchor each state separately with a unique stimulus, introducing a break state between each anchor.
- Chain the anchors by firing each anchor as the previous one reaches its peak.
- Test the chain by firing the first anchor and observe what happens.
I wrote this article as part of a continuing education course at www.modernjedi.com