The New Orleans Flexibility Drill
This drill is an old-school NLP technique that is not currently used much due to newer and improved techniques.
- Identify an external stimulus that triggers an unresourceful state
- Stack a positive resource anchor
- Imagine or role play the negative stimulus and fire the positive resource anchor
- Repeat the process until there is no longer any need to fire the anchor while role playing
- Now the old stimulus triggers the new resourceful response.
I wrote this article for a continuing education course at www.modernjedi.com
Change Personal History Technique
This is another old-school NLP technique that has been replaced or updated with Time Line Therapy ® Techniques.
- Design and install a positive resource anchor.
- Identify a persistent recurring undesirable state and anchor the state
- Fire the negative anchor with at least three events from the clients past where the client experienced that state.
- MAKE SURE THAT THE STATE ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSTIVE RESOUCE ANCHOR IS GREATER THAN THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVE STATE
- Fire the new positive resource anchor on each of the previous experiences from the client’s past and imagine reliving the event with new resources.
- Test and future pace.
I wrote this article for a continuing education piece for www.modernjedi.com