Let me describe the order and sequence of the strategy I use to brush my teeth:
- I realize that I am tired. Usually, by feeing a heavy sensation in my head.
- I check the clock and confirm that it is late.
- I walk to the bathroom and find my toothbrush.
- I put toothpaste on my toothbrush.
- I run my toothbrush under water.
- I brush my teeth, usually starting with the outside left molar teeth and proceed towards the right on the outside.
- I then brush the eating surface of my top teeth from left to right.
- Then I brush the inside surface of my top teeth from left right.
- Then I brush the outside bottom left side of my mouth proceeding to the outside bottom right.
- Then I brush the eating surface of my bottom teeth from left to right.
- Then I brush the inside lower left side of my teeth proceeding towards the right.
- I know it is time to stop brushing my teeth because I have brushed all the surfaces of my teeth.
- Before I stop, I run my tongue over the surface of my teeth to check to rough spots. If there are rough spots, I rebrush all of my teeth one more time.
- Once my teeth feel smooth with my tongue, I stop brushing.
I have to say that I have NEVER thought about this process consciously from beginning to end, probably since I was quite small. That goes to show that most of what we do most of the time falls outside of our conscious awareness.
If you would like help evaluating and redesigning a strategy that is not working in your life, contact William Wood CHt at 801-203-3405 or email@example.com . Visit my website at www.northernutahhypnosis.com
I wrote this article for a continuing education course at www.modernjedi.com